what happens to my --jobs?

From: Krzysztof Nosek
Subject: what happens to my --jobs?
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 10:12:41 +0100

Dear list,

shouldn't --jobs (-j) flag and its value appear in MAKEFLAGS?

I would really like to know from my makefile how many (if any) concurrent jobs user requested.

I do not know whether it is a windows issue. I reproduce that with make.exes from both Cygwin and GnuWin32, e.g.:

: make -j 20 -knif -
$(info [ $(MAKEFLAGS) | $(MFLAGS) ] )
^Z
[ nki | -nki ]
make: *** No targets.  Stop.

: make --version
GNU Make 3.81
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

This program built for i386-pc-mingw32

Would be glad to see some tips/workarounds :)

Thanks in advance,

Krzysztof Nosek