Re: current directory

From: fabien
Subject: Re: current directory
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 22:46:43 +0100

> What shell are you using? IIRC, 'cd' with no parameters in
> CMD.EXE queries the present working directory, like 'pwd'
> in a unix shell, while 'cd' with no parameters in a unix
> shell changes to the home directory.
>
> What does 'make --version' report?

I am on windows XP with the DOS console so cd must return the current
directory.
I have tested with make 3.80 and 3.81

> Then something is wrong with your shell, or with the cd command, or
> maybe you have your shell set up to go to the root directory.  Since
> $(CURDIR), computed by Make on startup, shows the correct directory,
> I'd say Make is working correctly, starting in the directory where you
> invoked it, while $(shell cd) somehow messes things up.

I think it's a problem if an application doesn't have the same result on
different computers. The problem is not the command "cd" but all shell commands like "dir", etc. "maybe you have your shell set up to go to the root directory" << I don't know. How can it be done? How can I check?

Thanks

Fabien