Re: current directory

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: current directory
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 19:18:06 +0100

I tested this Makefile :

all:
        @echo $(shell cd)
        @echo $(CURDIR)

And it returns :

C:\
C:/home/testMakeWin

Eli Zaretskii a écrit :
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 22:22:11 +0100
From: fabien <address@hidden>

There is something about GNU make that I don't understand, I think it's a bug : on 2 Windows XP computers, with the same makefile, one executes commands ( i.e. "$(shell cd)" ) from the current directory and, strangely, the other one always executes from C:\
(with the same version of GNU make 3.81)

Does this happen even with a makefile that has only one rule, the one
that shows the current directory?  Like this:

all:
        echo "$(shell cd)"

Also, what happens if you use $(CURDIR) instead of $(shell cd)?