VPATH of the form C:/foo

From: Benoit Sigoure
Subject: VPATH of the form C:/foo
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 12:14:27 +0100

Hello list,
I'm Using GNU Make 3.81 on Cygwin. I compiled it myself from source with the two following patches that were approved on this ML:
  http://www.tsunanet.net/~tsuna/make-3.81-cygwin.patch
  http://www.tsunanet.net/~tsuna/make-3.81-cygwin_MAKE_expansion.patch

I compiled `make' as follows:

  wget http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/make/make-3.81.tar.gz
  tar xfz make-3.81.tar.gz
  cd make-3.81
  patch -p1 <make-3.81-cygwin.patch
  patch -p0 <make-3.81-cygwin_MAKE_expansion.patch
  ./configure
  make
  make install

Everything works fine excepted that when I use a VPATH of the form C:/ something, the files in the source tree are not found because make / seems/ to separate the VPATH with colons. I believed that, on Windows, the VPAH would be semi-colon separated, but maybe I was wrong.

Is this a known bug?  Or unsupported?

Cheers,

--
Benoit Sigoure aka Tsuna
EPITA Research and Development Laboratory