Re: gnu make un win xp

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: gnu make un win xp
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 18:05:29 +0200

> Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 10:58:34 +0100
> From: "Tobias Rumpf" <address@hidden>
>
> I tried to install GNU make 3.81 on my windows xp laptop. I tried to diffrent
> ways an got the following errors:
>
> first I used Microsoft visual studio 2005: after importing and clicking build
> I got a message: "no target, make file not found".
>
> my second idea was the buildW32.bat. There I got a error message that cl.exe
> and a second .exe file were missing.

buildW32.bat is the right way, but you need to have cl.exe on your
PATH.

I's expect make_msvc_net2003.sln and .vcproj to also work, but I
cannot guarantee that they work with Studio 2005.

Failing that, you could download a precompiled binary from here:

  http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2435&package_id=23918