Re: Make on XP - shell selection?

From: grischka
Subject: Re: Make on XP - shell selection?
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 00:53:15 +0200

Earnie Boyd wrote:

> Yes, I mean that you didn't boot first.  There are caches that you
> don't consider.  Each test needs to be started from a freshly booted
> computer for any timed test involving paths.
>
> Earnie

Umm, might depend what scenario one wants to test. Normally, I don't reboot
my computer each time to compile just a few new lines.

But okay. Here we go:

- Compile gmake from current cvs source
- Reboot
- Wait one minute.
- 3 mouseclicks to make test project (up-to-date)
    9.07 sec
- 1 mouseclick to make one more time
    6.97 sec

- Apply "path-search-per-command" patch to gmake source and recompile
- Reboot
- Wait one minute.
- 3 mouseclicks to make test project (up-to-date)
    4.94 sec
- 1 mouseclick to make one more time
   2.69 sec

Thats all I can do. Everything to test yourself attached. Use on your own risk.
Enjoy.

--- grischka