Re: Make on XP - shell selection?

From: grischka
Subject: Re: Make on XP - shell selection?
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 19:55:54 +0200

Gary Turner wrote:

> It all worked perfectly until I installed a compiler that put a sh
> shell on my path. Since then all my makefiles are broken.

It is one of gmake's undocumented non-features with SHELL on
windows. I don't know who benefits from it but so far nobody
dared to document it, either. Maybe an experimental non-feature ;)

Certainly it conflicts with the general rule that for makefile
portability reasons the SHELL to be used shall not depend on
individual environment settings.

--- grischka