Re: Switching from CVS to GIT

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: Switching from CVS to GIT
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 10:44:40 +0000

On 2007-10-13 16:37Z, Paul Smith wrote:

> I'm considering switching from CVS to another form of SCM.  Currently,
> Savannah supports (in addition to CVS) GNU arch and GIT.  If SVN were
> supported I'd probably go for that, because (a) it has great support for
> alternative OSs like Windows, etc.; and (b) GNU make development is
> currently straightforward enough that the advanced features of GIT
> (advanced merging and peer-to-peer development) aren't critical.
> However, SVN is not an option

Although the FAQ
  https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/WhenSvN
says SVN isn't available yet, that page was last edited six months
ago and seems out of date in light of this post by one of the
savannah hackers a month ago:

  https://savannah.gnu.org/task/index.php?7111#comment3
| savannah offers subversion as beta test (for information, I used it
| for 1 month now without any problems). But savannah offers git and
| arch too. So you have choice.

I'd guess this is the savannah svn repository he's referring to:
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/svn/?group=scleaner
in case anyone wants to see a concrete example.