Re: Switching from CVS to GIT

From: Benoit SIGOURE
Subject: Re: Switching from CVS to GIT
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 19:18:42 +0200

On Oct 13, 2007, at 6:37 PM, Paul Smith wrote:

Hi all;

I'm considering switching from CVS to another form of SCM.  Currently,
Savannah supports (in addition to CVS) GNU arch and GIT.
[...]
I don't really know what the current state-of-the-art is WRT GIT on
non-POSIX systems, so... please give me your opinions on this change.

A very good change in perspective. I frequently read Git's ML and it seems rather stable on Cygwin. The MSYS version should work too, even though I haven't tried it personally. Some people happen to send bug reports on the ML, but that's not frequent. AFAIK the MSYS port is slightly behind WRT the standard version though.

--
Benoit Sigoure aka Tsuna
EPITA Research and Development Laboratory