Re: Make CVS HEAD version build out of the box

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Make CVS HEAD version build out of the box
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 14:31:05 +0200

> Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 07:49:39 -0400
> From: Earnie Boyd <address@hidden>
>
> > This doesn't seem to be as much of an issue on Windows where the max
> > path length appears to be much more strictly defined.
> >

> I wouldn't count on that as always going to be.

To be on the safe side with this issue, we really need to call
pathconf to get the correct values.  (It will need to be emulated on
Windows, but that isn't hard, at least as far as _POSIX_PATH_MAX and
_POSIX_NAME_MAX are concerned.)  If pathconf returns something greater
than a few KB, I'd suggest to avoid alloca or any other stack-based
allocations.