Re: gmake setup on windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: gmake setup on windows
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 06:22:35 +0300

> Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 15:32:04 -0700
> From: Magruder Taylor <address@hidden>
>
> Pardon the novice of this question.&nbsp; I am trying to set up a gmake
> environment on windows to build makefile-based projects (Visual DSP++). I
> have searched the GNU manual online and not having much luck (or looking in
> the wrong area).&nbsp; Does anyone have any insights on web links and
> instructions to set up gmake on windows? Thanks in advance.

What do you mean by ``setup gmake''?  GNU Make is just a single
program, not a fancy package.  All you need to do is write a file
named `Makefile' and then run gmake from the command line.  The manual
that comes with gmake explains how to write Makefile's.

Can you tell more details about what's bothering you?  (And please
don't use HTML in your email messages here, use plain text.)