Re: Gmake fork Error

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Gmake fork Error
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 23:02:16 +0300

> From: Saravanakumar Natarajan <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 19:38:30 +0530
>
>     When I do make using gmake I am getting this error.
>     please guide me how to overcome this.
>

> fork_helper: ResumeThread failed, rc = 2
> C:\DOCUME~1\CHE015~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\make30602.sh: Cannot fork
> gmake: *** [full] Error 2

What do you see if you type this command:

     gmake --version

(I suspect this is a Cygwin port of Make, but I cannot be sure without
seeing the information displayed by "gmake --version".  The version
number itself is also important, as this problem, if it's indeed a
problem in Make, could be fixed in later versions.)

Also, if this happens only with a specific Makefile, please show that
Makefile.