Re: MSVS 2005 and Gnu Make

From: Jon Grant
Subject: Re: MSVS 2005 and Gnu Make
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 17:28:23 +0100

Hi Bob,

Bob Van Tuyl wrote on 11/05/07 09:48:
Jon:

Thanks.  I had installed the Platform SDK, but not VS8 SP1.  I installed VS8
SP1.

The 2005 compiler is not very forgiving of mixing different size integers, calling functions with the wrong types, and other similar mismatches. It also wants the old functions that do not have size limits in them to be tossed out of the code. Happily, most can be overcome with appropriate configuration definitions. Other errors or warnings require casting to make the warning or error go away.

If you could post details of the configuration definitions that would be
handy.

Also if you could submit your final MSVC 2005 sln/vcproj files
etc as a zip that would be really useful, I can't generate those myself.
Good luck with the testing.

Kind regards, Jon
--
Weblog: http://jguk.org/