Re: MSVS 2005 and Gnu Make

From: Jon Grant
Subject: Re: MSVS 2005 and Gnu Make
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 23:39:21 +0100

Hi Bob Van Tuyl,

I've not seen this issue myself. Make builds fine with my MS VC
Express 2005 x86.

Have you applied VS8 SP1 ? Have you installed the Platform SDK? Have
you got CRT/include  in your Additional Include directories? Have you
locally modified any include files? the SP1 update won't work if you
have.

I just googled and it looks like the SP1 update did not apply
correctly for some people and they had to do a full MSVC 2005
uninstall, and then install a fresh download of SP1.

Perhaps you can try different project settings and let us know what
you discover.
Does changing the properties to  Configuration Properties -> C/C++
->Advanced -> Compile As "Compile as C Code (/TC)"  make any
difference?

BTW, your text arrived on the mailing-list in a very large HTML
format, could you post in text if possible.

Let us know how you get on, and we can update README.W32 if there
needs to be some additional information in it!

Kind regards, Jon
--
weblog: http://jguk.org/