[OT] RE: Native WIN32 GNU make?

From: Dave Korn
Subject: [OT] RE: Native WIN32 GNU make?
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 14:54:03 +0100

On 09 May 2007 14:41, Greg Chicares wrote:

> On 2007-05-08 23:47Z, Mark Txx wrote:

>> Lately we have
>> experienced quite a few difficulties with our Windows builds with
>> "Resource temporarily unavailable".
>
> What's happening when that message appears? Does it occur when
> a particular command appears in a rule, for example, or when a
> rule combines several commands in a pipeline? One way to find
> out more is to run 'make -d'.

  It is a known problem under cygwin, caused by other installed applications
on the same machine that install hook dlls or filter device drivers that
interfere with cygwin's startup and signalling runtime.

> Have you actually tried running with that software turned off,
> and confirmed whether that solves the problem?

  It often actually requires uninstalling rather than simple disabling, as the
hook dll or filter device may still be loaded.

    cheers,
      DaveK