RE: Native WIN32 GNU make?

From: Dave Korn
Subject: RE: Native WIN32 GNU make?
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 01:01:50 +0100

On 09 May 2007 00:47, Mark Txx wrote:

> "Managing Projects with GNU Make" by Mecklenburg. Lately we have
> experienced quite a few difficulties with our Windows builds with "Resource
> temporarily unavailable". Only machines with a large amount of RAM can
> build successfully. Research on the web shows that this related to the use
> of anti-virus or other intrusive software. Unfortunately the solution
> offered, remove the anti-virus SW, is not acceptable to our IT group.

  It's not necessarily AV; it could be something more easily dispensable, such
as the logitech webcam process monitor or the embassy trust suite fingerprint
reader.  Come discuss it on the cygwin list if you like, we're veering
off-topic here, or take a gander at

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-talk/2007-q1/msg00273.html

    cheers,
      DaveK