Re: Native WIN32 GNU make?

From: Chris Sutcliffe
Subject: Re: Native WIN32 GNU make?
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 19:54:42 -0400

Has anybody used recent "native" WIN32 versions of GNU make with alternative
shells such as sh.exe that comes in UnxUtils.zip? We do not use many UNIX
commands beyond, sed, rm etc so we are not that demanding of our shell but I
would hate use DOS. Are there any other open source shells for WIN32?

Any other "native" WIN32 solutions? such as mingw

I tried to build a native WIN32 GNU make 3.80 with the instructions in
README.W32 but I had no success.

The MinGW project provides mingw32-make which is a native win32 make
(version 3.81) which builds out-of-the-box from the GNU Make 3.81
sources.

Chris

--
Chris Sutcliffe