Re: Problems with echo. (echo period)

From: Aaron Shatters
Subject: Re: Problems with echo. (echo period)
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 07:22:49 -0700 (PDT)

Ok.  I will start assuming that I am fighting a losing battle with getting make
to support his... so back to the problem...

With cmd.exe as my shell, what is the suggested method of echoing a blank line
to the screen?

1 - writing my own executable called "echo..exe" and distributing it with the
make utility?
2 - using "echo. 2>&1" which tricks make into thinking this should be handled
by the shell?
3 - ... any other suggestions?