Re: Possible bug with 3.81?

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: Possible bug with 3.81?
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:02:33 -0400

Quoting Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>:

Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 10:33:16 -0400
From: "Chris Sutcliffe" <address@hidden>

With previous versions of make the first rule was used to produce
libraries that have both def and object files:

dlltool --as=as -k --output-lib libshell32.a --def
../../../w32api/lib/shell32.def
ar r libshell32.a shell32.o
ranlib libshell32.a

whereas with version 3.81 it just runs the dlltool command as a result
the symbols and functions exported from the object file are not
included in the import library.

Has this behaviour changed in version 3.81?

I'm not aware of any changes in this are, but I may be wrong.  Can you
post a short self-contained Makefile that reproduces this behavior
without requiring to install the w32api sources?

Btw, are you using the same versions of Binutils (dlltool, ar and
ranlib) with both versions of Make?  If not, perhaps the invoked
programs cause this somehow.

And let us know which build you're using. Does it contain the patches found in the archives of this list? Is it native, Cygwin, or MSYS dependent runtimes? If native are you using it within the Cygwin or MSYS shells?

Earnie Boyd
--
Please post responsibly:
* Use text posts instead of html; many list members just trash mail with html.

* The user of this server has agreed to allow the use of a trailer in the    *
* mail that he sends for advertising purposes.  This advertisment is added   *
* by the server and is not in the control of the user of our services.       *

Easy Blogger Creator:

4 Seasons Wine - Buy 6, Get 6 Free