Re: Compile group of modules

From: grischka
Subject: Re: Compile group of modules
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 12:56:50 +0200

Uri Shkolnik wrote:
Each module has its own makefile that resides in the module's
directory. I would like to execute all relevant makefiles.

Well, this is what I use. Basically it relies on standard make features, so it works with e.g. nmake too (with minor adjustments)

# ---
# The directories that contain the program's components:
SUBDIRS = src lib doc

# This sets 'all' to be the default target:
all:

# This runs make once again on this makefile, purpose is
# to get the target placed into a variable:
all clean install:
   $(MAKE) TARGET=$@ $(SUBDIRS)

# This tells gnumake to always 'make' into the directories # regardless of their timestamps:
.PHONY: $(SUBDIRS)

# This finally makes the target in all subdirs:
$(SUBDIRS):
   $(MAKE) $(TARGET) -C $@