Re: Compile group of modules

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: Compile group of modules
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 08:36:11 -0400

Quoting Uri Shkolnik <address@hidden>:

I have a versatile list of modules (it may be changed according to the application I build)
Each module has its own makefile that resides in the module's directory.
I would like to execute all relevant makefiles.

The major obstacle (?) is that I must use make v3.78.1 @ win32 (windows) environment.

The "classic" solution (for U*X systems)  should be something like:

MODULES := $(UTIL_MODULE) $(GEN_MODULE)  $(DSP_MODULE)
clean_all: $(MODULES)
   $(foreach MOD,$(MODULES),make -C $(MOD) clean;)

The problem is that for win32 systems, semicolon is invalid character (maybe it should be replaced with &&, but this is illegal from the make parser side (I think))

Removing the semicolon cause error after the first loop -

       << ...cleaning process for first interaction... >>
       *** No rule to make target 'make'.  Stop.

Anyone has an idea how to solve this problem?

Get a real shell. See http://mingw.sourceforge.net/MinGWiki/index.php/MSYS for one possiblity.

Earnie Boyd

* The user of this server has agreed to allow the use of a trailer in the    *
* mail that he sends for advertising purposes.  This advertisment is added   *
* by the server and is not in the control of the user of our services.       *

Easy Blogger Creator:

4 Seasons Wine - Buy 6, Get 6 Free