Re: Crash with recursive make

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: Crash with recursive make
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 19:33:48 -0400

Quoting Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>:

Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 13:46:27 +0100
From: "John Hall" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>

I then realised that the unique thing about my setup is that I'm
building with VS 2005, so I recompiled make with VS 2003 and the crash
no longer happens. I would suggest, therefore, that the version of
'close' in the  C runtime shipped with VS 2005 is stricter about
checking its arguments, which is why I see it and you don't.

I'm not sure your conclusion is correct: I'd expect `close' to be in
some DLL that is part of Windows, not of a compiler package.  E.g., I
don't have VS at all; my Make is built with MinGW.

Sounds like YA MS bug to me. You might want to report it to your MS support group. Each version of VS has a newer version of the runtime dll.

Earnie

* The user of this server has agreed to allow the use of a trailer in the    *
* mail that he sends for advertising purposes.  This advertisment is added   *
* by the server and is not in the control of the user of our services.       *

Easy Blogger Creator:

4 Seasons Wine - Buy 6, Get 6 Free