Re: problems w/ make.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: problems w/ make.
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 18:42:02 +0300

> From: <address@hidden>
> CC: <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 1:41:34 -0400
>
> Im not sure where the Macros are int he Makefile , or even if the are
> supposed to be in the MAkefile,i have attached the make file of net::irc  a
> perl module,. but i dont think the problem pertains to that particular
> makefile for that package because it fails with other packages also.

Thanks for posting the info.

> The version is GNU Make version 3.78.1
> Built for Windows32

This version is very old (released 7 years ago).  I suggest to upgrade
to a newer version.  The latest one is here:

   http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/mingw/mingw32-make-3.81-1.tar.gz

I looked at line 308 in the Makefile, and couldn't spot anything that
immediately suggest why it would fail.  However, I suspect that the
port of Make 3.78.1 to MS-Windows had some bugs related to file names
with drive letters or something like that.  The latest version of the
ported Make should be cleaner, and even if it has some problems with
this Makefile, we will be able to help you solve them, unlike with the
old version you use now.