Re: problems w/ make.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: problems w/ make.
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 15:35:15 +0300

> From: <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 14:40:47 -0400
>
> the error message was
>
> > C:\Documents and Settings\John Blaze\Desktop\net-irc>make
> > makefile:308: *** multiple target patterns. Stop.

This just repeats what you already wrote in your original message.  I
asked for the values of the macros used by the offending rule:

> > > C:\Documents and Settings\John  Blaze\Desktop\net-irc>make
> > > makefile:308: *** multiple target patterns.  Stop.
> > >
> > > this is what line 308 looks like in th make file.
> > >
> > > config :: $(FIRST_MAKEFILE) $(INST_LIBDIR)$(DIRFILESEP).exists
> > >   $(NOECHO) $(NOOP)
> >
> > This isn't enough info.  Please also show the values of all the macros
> > in these two lines.

The macros in question are: FIRST_MAKEFILE, INST_LIBDIR, DIRFILESEP,
NOECHO and NOOP.

I also asked for additional information:

> > Also, please tell what version of Make are you using and where did you
> > get its binary.  (If you compiled Make yourself, please tell with
> > which Windows compiler did you do that.)

Please help us help you by providing the missing info.

Please also keep address@hidden on the CC list, so that others will
see your responses and could chime in when they have ideas.