Re: mingw make problem

From: Chris Sutcliffe
Subject: Re: mingw make problem
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 09:28:07 -0400

Accidentally took this off the list (darn Gmail)....

On 8/22/06, William A. Hoffman <address@hidden> wrote:
At 09:10 AM 8/22/2006, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
>>But if you can not run mingw make from an msys shell then what is the point of
>>looking for sh.exe in the PATH and setting it to be the shell, if it is not
>>supported?
>
>There is a version of 'make' that is part of the MSYS distribution
>that is separate from the MinGW 'make' (that's the reason the MinGW
>make is actually called mingw32-make).  Earnie could probably provide
>the details as to what the differences are between the two.

Sure, I know there are two of them.  But the mingw32-make will use sh.exe
if it finds one, and it seems to be having some process argument issues.

>>One more thing, do you think this discussion would be better on the mingw or
>>msys mailing list?
>
>For the MSYS specific stuff, I think directing it to the the MSYS list
>would be an idea.

So, is the mingw32-make not working with sh.exe from MSYS, MSYS specific?
Or should that not work, or should that be on the mingw list?

I'd take it to the MSYS list (perhaps cross-post on the MinGW list)
for a definitive answer.  TBH I'm not all that familiar with the
internals of MSYS.

Chris

--
Chris Sutcliffe