Re: mingw make problem

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: mingw make problem
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 05:28:24 -0400

> Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 10:30:25 -0400
> From: "William A. Hoffman" <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> It does work with quotes even though it does not need them.  Maybe
> that is the trick with CreateProcess, you have to find the command
> and make sure it is in double quotes.

I think we've already established that CreateProcess has nothing to do
with the problem.  I think the problem is that Bash (which receives
the command line passed by CreateProcess) somehow removes the quotes
from the command line before it passes it to the application, but
that's just a guess.  One way to try to prove or disprove this guess
is build a native binary after you define HAVE_CYGWIN_SHELL in
config.h (see the commentary near the end of config.h.W32), it sounds
like that option was provided precisely to cater to these situations.