Re: Fix for HAVE_DOS_PATHS build on cygwin

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: Fix for HAVE_DOS_PATHS build on cygwin
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 08:54:01 -0400

Quoting Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>:

Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 15:49:46 -0400
From: Earnie Boyd <address@hidden>

Quoting Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>:

> The Cygwin build could (and probably should) use configure.in, but the
> MinGW and MSVC ports don't use the configure script to build
> themselves, and so the native builds cannot set PATH_SEPARATOR_CHAR
> there.

For MinGW, it can use configure if the MSYS shell is used.

I thought you said the MSYS port is not of importance,

MSYS is a shell whose native host, build and target is for MINGW32. An MSYS target isn't under discussion.

If you do want the MSYS port to be part of the official distro,

When the time comes, MSYS will mimick what Cygwin did.

Earnie Boyd

http://shop.siebunlimited.com