Re: Bug in builtin function abspath

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Bug in builtin function abspath
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 09:35:57 +0300

> Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 08:25:55 +0200
> From: Alessandro Vesely <address@hidden>
>
> There are two kinds of them: the other one is done with linkd, from the
> resource kit (rktools, 11.8Mb, http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=4544 )

But this kind is a hard link, right?  That is, it is a directory entry
that points to the same place on the disk data area.  Symlinks are
different: they are special files that record the target in their
data.

> Perhaps, Vista will amend that, and, since MS' stated purpose is to ease
> porting, its new msvcrt will sport properly working lstat() and realpath().

I'm not sure.  The current documentation in MSDN doesn't seem to have
enough APIs to implement the full Posix functionality, AFAICS.