Re: Bug in builtin function abspath

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Bug in builtin function abspath
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 15:35:35 +0300

> Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 08:23:13 -0400
> From: Earnie Boyd <address@hidden>
>
> IMO, make should not consider d:foo as a valid path even though the OS
> does.

You mean in $abspath or everywhere?  We were talking about the former;
I'm not sure the latter is even practical.

Anyway, please tell why you think so.  If it's a good reason, it could
simplify the code of abspath quite a bit.

Also, if Make considers d:foo invalid, what should it do if it does
meet it?  That is, what are the practical expression of rejecting such
file names?

> But in reference to your question, I don't find _abspath or
> abspath documented and msdn.microsoft.com.

I asked about what it did on OS/2.  I know that MS-Windows doesn't
have it.

Thanks.