Re: Bug in builtin function abspath

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Bug in builtin function abspath
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 23:53:27 +0300

Paul, I don't understand the advice to move the w32 code into some of
the w32 specific files.  abspath is a general-purpose function, not
limited to w32, its definition is on function.c.  We don't have an
established mechanism in the Make sources to overload functions with
OS-specific variants.  So how do you suggest to go about this?

Incidentally, the other file-related functions in function.c already
include a considerable amount of references to HAVE_DOS_PATHS and
drive letters, so I'm not sure we should bother to do something very
different with abspath.