Re: GNU MAKE 3.81 with Visual Studio 2005

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: GNU MAKE 3.81 with Visual Studio 2005
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 00:46:38 +0300

> Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 13:33:45 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Phong Luong <address@hidden>
>
>   I would like to build Gnu make 3.81 with Visual
>   Studio 2005.

You should be able to do that by running the build_w32.bat batch file
that comes with Make 3.81.  See the file README.W32 for more details.

> Does the Gnu make 3.81 work with VS 2005?

Just what do you mean by ``work with VS''?  If you are asking whether
GNU Make will run Makefile files produced by the Visual Studio, then I
think the answer is NO: those Makefile's use many MS-specific
extensions of the Posix-standard Makefile syntax, which GNU Make
doesn't support.