Re: make 3.81rc1 / MSYS

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: make 3.81rc1 / MSYS
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 12:35:37 -0400

%% Greg Chicares <address@hidden> writes:

  >> I ran the tests provided with make :
  >> it works until options/dash-k included, but crashes on options/dash-l

  gc> The 3.81 release seems not to crash here. I built it in MSYS:
  gc>   ./configure && make
  gc> using MinGW gcc-3.4.2 (not the latest MinGW release), and
  gc> the tests that fail, do so gracefully. I don't have time
  gc> to investigate the failures, but maybe posting the results
  gc> here will help someone.

I backed out all the changes Eli and David were discussing because I
needed to get 3.81 out the door.  So the behavior (in this specific
area) for 3.81 is unchanged since 3.81rc2 etc.

To be honest I can't remember anymore what the original problem David
reported was, but presumably it still exists.

Maybe we need to generate a Savannah bug about that to track it
further.