Re: make-3.81rc1 mingw not failing on 'g++ -M' error

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: make-3.81rc1 mingw not failing on 'g++ -M' error
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 06:55:24 +0200

> Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 14:37:56 -0600
> From: Matt England <address@hidden>
> Cc: Matthew England <address@hidden>,address@hidden,
>  address@hidden
>
> >Sorry, I looked at your transcript, and I cannot make heads or tails
> >out of it.  Can you explain how do you see that ``jobs are run
> >asynchronously in the background after an error'', and then show in
> >the transcript the evidence of this asynchronous operation?
>
> If I could do that easily, I would.  I tried massively to do that in the
> last output.  I'm sorry I won't be able to help further.

How about sending the full output of "make -d"?

> First answer: Most of my rules are single-command-line rules.  The one
> previously was an anomaly; further, when I turned it into the single-line
> rule, the same problem happened.  I'll show that further in a later email.

Well, please show us such rule with that problem.  We need to see the
details, and preferably some way to reproduce it with a relatively
simple example Makefile.  Or at least the full output of "make -d", if
none of the above is possible.

Please help us help you.