Re: cmd.exe /c exists because of a compilation error transmitted by gnum

From: J. David Bryan
Subject: Re: cmd.exe /c exists because of a compilation error transmitted by gnumake to the shell
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 12:17:46 -0500

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 15:11:51 -0800, you wrote...

> I need to send back some data to my build manager too, so I need to
> issue several commands at the same line. For example:
> "cmd.exe /c gnumake && pause"
>
> [...]
>
> However, if the build fails...then the command "pause" is not
> executed.
>
> [...]
>
> ...I am wondering if someone has a workaround or have tackkle the pbl
> differently.

I believe that:

  cmd.exe /c gnumake & pause

...(note the single ampersand) will do what you want.  Double-ampersand
means, "Execute the second command only if the first returns without
error."  Single-ampersand means, "Execute the second command
unconditionally after the first returns."

                                      -- Dave