Re: w32 developers: please take a look at this bug...

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: w32 developers: please take a look at this bug...
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 12:46:00 +0200

> Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 00:06:39 -0500
> From: address@hidden
>
> Can you examine this bug report and let me know what to do with it?
>
>   https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=11183
>
> Is my suggested solution acceptable (don't use "\" in filenames)?

It would be acceptable, except that we already have in that function
code that allows backslashes (and even a mix of forward and
backslashes) in the target file name.  So refusing to accept them in
the pattern would be a bit harsh on the users, I think.

> Is the change suggested in the bug report reasonable and a better
> idea?

I'd use instead a more or less exact replica of what we already have
earlier in that very function:

    #ifdef HAVE_DOS_PATHS
          /* Handle backslashes (possibly mixed with forward slashes)
             and the case of "d:file".  */
          {
            char *bslash = strrchr (filename, '\\');
            if (lastslash == 0 || bslash > lastslash)
              lastslash = bslash;
            if (lastslash == 0 && filename[0] && filename[1] == ':')
              lastslash = filename + 1;
          }
    #endif

except that use check_lastslash instead of lastslash.