Re: GNU make 3.81beta4 released

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: GNU make 3.81beta4 released
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 08:34:24 -0500

Hi all;

I've applied Eli's two patches, as described here:

  http://www.mail-archive.com/make-w32%40gnu.org/msg00634.html

and here:

  http://www.mail-archive.com/make-w32%40gnu.org/msg00697.html

I also applied (most of) the two patches from Markus on Savannah for the
README.W32 and README.cvs files.

The fix we had for g->changed was actually broken and caused many of the
regression tests to fail, so I fixed it.

I also went back into the archives and found the patch Eli sent for st
being used without being initialized in dir.c.

This is all committed to CVS as of a few minutes ago.

Please take a look and see where we are now: I got really lost and
confused after a while with the different threads and discussions and
patches and stuff.  Markus; it would be helpful to me if you used the
standard diff -u to generate patches and attached them to your emails,
rather than putting up tarballs somewhere else (BTW, I wasn't able to
access the links you provided in your emails recently for some reason).
It doesn't matter if they don't apply cleanly; I can apply them by hand
if necessary.  But the diff format is much easier for me to read and
manage than an entirely new source tree.

Cheers!