Re: GNU make 3.81beta4 released

From: Markus Mauhart
Subject: Re: GNU make 3.81beta4 released
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 00:38:29 +0100

"Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden> wrote ...

> 2006-01-21  Eli Zaretskii  <address@hidden>
>
> * job.c (load_too_high, start_waiting_jobs) [WINDOWS32]: If there
> are already more children than sub_proc.c can handle, behave as if
> the load were too high.
> (start_job_command): Fix a typo in error message when process_easy
> fails.

Eli, you did not include my addition of the IMHO missing "goto error"
in function start_job_command(..) once process_easy(..) failes.
In my case, whithout this patch, make entered an infinite loop.

I havnt tried your current patches, but you probably have verified
that with them my experiment's call into process_easy() will either
no more happen or no more fail.

Additionally, are you sure that no more other failing process_easy()
inside start_job_command(..) will ever happen, or that only the failure
in my tests (as other failures inside start_job_command()) would need
the "goto error" ?

IOW, if you dont have good reasons against my added "goto error",
then we should make sure that it goes into the make381 release.

Best Regards,
Markus.