Re: GNU make 3.81beta4 released

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: GNU make 3.81beta4 released
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 07:01:01 -0500

Quoting Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>:

Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 22:30:38 +0000
From: "J. Grant" <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden

> I will have to repeat this with MSVC and its debugger. My current problem
> is very limited time during the week and missing experience in debugging
> and understanding this parts of gmake.

If you just run from MSVC, and click Debug->Exceptions, you can change
all the Win32 and Native ones to give you the option of breaking in to
the debugger.

This isn't enough, you need also to rebuild with MSVC, since otherwise
the Studio debugger will not understand the debug info produced by
GCC, and all you can do is debug on the assembly level.  Which isn't
fun.

Or you could just use gdb! The graphical Insight prebuild available from sf.net/projects/mingw.

Earnie Boyd