Re: GNU make 3.81beta4 released

From: Markus Mauhart
Subject: Re: GNU make 3.81beta4 released
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 00:55:02 +0100

"Paul D. Smith" <address@hidden> wrote ...

> Release is getting very, very close everyone!  I'm reworking the
> chapter on writing command scripts somewhat to make the whole backslash
> newline thing clearer (I hope).
>
> If you have requests for doc changes, or other very simple, very safe
> bug fixes, let me know now...

So this is the last chance for a long time to add support for "bool"
as explained in autoconf.html:

Add to configure.in:
AC_HEADER_STDBOOL

Add to make.h:
/* See autoconf.html, AC_HEADER_STDBOOL: */
#if HAVE_STDBOOL_H
# include <stdbool.h>
#else
# if ! HAVE__BOOL
#  ifdef __cplusplus
typedef bool _Bool;
#  else
typedef unsigned char _Bool;
#  endif
# endif
# define bool _Bool
# define false 0
# define true 1
# define __bool_true_false_are_defined 1
#endif

Also adding AC_C_BIGENDIAN to configure.in would be usefull.

function.c, line 1021, another fingerprint of missing bool:

current, yielding to unnecessary "strneq"s:
wp->matched |= (wp->length == pp->length && strneq (pp->str, wp->str,
wp->length));

corrected:
wp->matched = wp->matched ||
               (wp->length == pp->length && strneq (pp->str, wp->str,
wp->length));

Best Regards,
Markus.