Re: Gmake.exe error: process_easy: DuplicateHandle(In) failed (e=6)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Gmake.exe error: process_easy: DuplicateHandle(In) failed (e=6)
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 13:33:18 +0200

> Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 07:09:10 -0800
> From: "Dan Gilbert \(gilbwd\)" <address@hidden>
>
> I have a WEB based build page that starts a build on a build server. The
> mechanism for starting a build and the build scripts themselves are all
> written in PERL. Last week I inplemented a new build. When I execute
> this build script from the command line, it works fine, but when I use
> the WEB based build button I receive:
>
> process_easy: DuplicateHandle(In) failed (e=6)
> E:\DSP\dsp_main_view\ip_phone_dsp\wildcard\tools\bin\gmake.exe:
> Interrupt/Exception caught (code = 0xc0000005, addr = 0x4174b4)

Error 6 is Invalid Handle.  Can you step with a debugger where this
error happens and see what is the value of the handle that Make
is trying to duplicate with the DuplicateHandle call?

> Any ideas why gmake has a problem in this scenario? Any work arounds? My
> other build scripts work ok in this same scenario.

We need more information to understand the nature of the problem and
suggest workarounds.

Which version of Make is that, btw?  Can you try the latest beta or
maybe even the CVS code, and see if the problem persists?