Re: GNU Make on Windows

From: Alessandro Vesely
Subject: Re: GNU Make on Windows
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 09:59:34 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
[...]
I have downloaded the make-3.80.tar.gz.  Will this install on a
Windows machine?

Not necessarily (I think it only builds with MSVC, but not with GCC).

That is true in the sense that there is a batch file for MSVC.
Modifying the batch file, it can be compiled with Borland.
Of course, with MinGW one can run the unix configure script.

The output consists of a single .exe file, so a special installer
is not particularly useful...