Re: Plz Help -- Error 234(More Data available) when using gnumake on Win

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Plz Help -- Error 234(More Data available) when using gnumake on Windows
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 21:40:26 +0200

> Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 16:56:35 +0530
> From: Krishnakumar R <address@hidden>
>
>     I am using gnumake(version 3.77) on Windows XP.

This is a very old version of Make.  Can you try a newer one?  In
particular, there's a 3.81beta3 prerelease available from
alpha.gnu.org.

> But when I try to
> build my code using gnumake, I am getting the following error.
>
> process_begin: CreateProcess(D:\TOOLS\TMS4701x\gnumake.exe, gnumake.exe
> -C X:/BW
> _ANASTA_IN/g23m/condat/ms/src/upf -f upf.mak, ...) failed.
> make (e=234): More data is available.
> gnumake.exe: [condat_libs] Error 234 (ignored)
>
> Can anyone please help me as to why this error is occuring and how this
> can be solved.

It's hard to tell what is the reason for this failure without a clear
and concise test case.  Can you post a short Makefile that uses
standard Windows commands and that reproduces this kind of error on
your machine?