Win32 command exit status code via $$?

From: Dale Thomas
Subject: Win32 command exit status code via $$?
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 15:10:34 -0700

Does anyone know if there is a problem with the 3.81beta3 for Win32

I am trying to get the exit status from commands and have not had any luck.
For example

include gmsl

all:
    date > foo.text
    @echo $$?

>gnumake all

I would expect the echo to output 0 if date succeeded and > 0 otherwise
All that is output is $?

This works fine on OSX with the 3.80

I have installed 3.81 from source and had it built with the build_w32.bat file

Please help!!!!!

Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you've been up to!!

In a world without walls or fences, who needs Windows or Gates?" bill