"Global" makefiles

From: Angel Tsankov
Subject: "Global" makefiles
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 19:38:16 +0300

I have a folder named "Projects" where all subfolders have (almost) the same substructure (in terms of subsubfolders) and I would like to avoid having multiple makefiles (in each subfolder of Projects) that do alsmost the same thing - they are, not surprisingly, hard to maintain. So I'm thinking of combining all makefiles into a single file to be placed in a folder that will make it accessible from anywhere (and in particular from any subfolder of Projects).

1. Do you think this is a good idea?
2. If so, where should I place the all-in-one makefile?

Angel Tsankov
address@hidden