Re: WINDOWS32 "Signal 127" due to a path in quotes bug

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: WINDOWS32 "Signal 127" due to a path in quotes bug
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 17:37:43 +0300

> Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 23:44:44 +0100
> From: "J. Grant" <address@hidden>
> CC: "Paul D. Smith" <address@hidden>,  address@hidden
>
> Perhaps we do not need the exit code (of the SIGINT main.exe) to be
> displayed on WINDOWS32.  It does not display on GNU/Linux build. (Just
> says "Interrupt")

After the patches I sent earlier today, the Windows port also says
just "Interrupt".  The previous behavior was because the process
signal was not being set on Windows, so Make thought that the
subordinate process terminated with some meaningful exit status, not
with a signal.

> > My hope is that the exit status of the interrupted program somehow
> > tells that it was interrupted.

And that is exactly what I've found.

> Would Make need to do anything other than complete the termination of
> the two main.exe processes and display "Interrupt" ?

Not on my system.  On my system, the subprocesses die, and Make gets a
signal.  I need help from you to find out the reasons for the child
processes being alive after Ctrl-C.  Perhaps that has something to do
with the ported Bash and/or rxvt.