Re: hash table memory leak

From: J. Grant
Subject: Re: hash table memory leak
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 13:36:44 +0100

Hi Paul,

[...]
  jg> Would you reconsider and support a hash table tidy function
  jg> addition please?

Send it and if it's not too gross I'll add it.

ok, I will submit something soon.

I started a while ago, but did not have time to complete anything.
There are many macros which expand and make stepping through in a
debugger less clear, I switched the macros to functions to make it
clearer.  Would a patch be accepted which replaced all the
return_STRING_N_HASH_1 etc with functions?  (Then I'll do the
deconstruct of the hash table before exiting patch)

The leaks are categorised in three ways "Leak leaving scope", "lead due
to leaked block" and "Leak exiting program", so I am not certain these
are all purely known allocations oustanding at the point ofexit().

Kind regards
JG