Re: GNU make 3.81beta3 released

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: GNU make 3.81beta3 released
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 12:01:12 +0200

> Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 10:39:15 +0000
> From: "Earnie Boyd" <address@hidden>
> Cc: <address@hidden>, <address@hidden>
>
> The -W is a MSYS specific hack to bash builtin pwd to display the windows
> path and will only work with build environment of mingw32.

In that case, it's not a good idea to use it indiscriminately in the
MinGW build.  For example, I don't use MSYS to build MinGW ports; I
use a port of zsh, which does return d:/foo/bar Windows-style absolute
file names from its pwd.

If there's no other solution, the script should use the -W switch only
with pwd that supports it.  We need to come up with a way to test for
that support at the beginning of the test suite.