Re: GNU make 3.81beta3 released

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: GNU make 3.81beta3 released
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 18:02:58 -0400

%% Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

  ez> There's no other Diff on Windows except GNU Diff.  We could make this
  ez> switch be used on Windows only.

Good point.

  >> for 3.81 it seems easiest to figure out
  >> a way to get the test suite to determine the "fully qualified" pathname
  >> and use that in the base files, instead of the output of pwd.

  ez> If that can be done easily, yes.  It might not be; the qualified file
  ez> name issue on Windows is a hopeless mess.

Yeesh.  It doesn't seem like too much to ask to be able to find the
current directory.

What we really need to do is figure out how to get Perl to use the same
method make does to determine the current directory.  If that can be done.

Someone with a Windows system will need to learn enough Perl to
experiment with this, I'm afraid.