Dollar-signs in commands

From: Daniel Kraft
Subject: Dollar-signs in commands
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 21:41:38 +0200

Dear GNU make-team!

In a makefile I try to execute commands containing $-signs like this line of the
makefile:
        sabcmd XML/Inhalt.xsl Index.xml Index.html $$wurzel=de

I don't really know why, but this command doesn't set the
top-level-XSLT-parameter $wurzel to de, as it should. I tried copying this
command from what make displayed it was going to execute, and run it manually,
and it worked correctly. Do you know any problems with $-signs in commands, or
similiar things?

Many thanks,
yours,
Daniel Kraft