Re: Bug report: Compile with Microsoft and Intel compiler

From: Earnie Boyd
Subject: Re: Bug report: Compile with Microsoft and Intel compiler
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 23:16:26 +0000

On 9:25:23 am 2005-04-27 "Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden> wrote:
> >  From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jerker_B=E4ck?= <address@hidden>
> >  Cc: <address@hidden>
> >  Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 01:05:12 +0200
> >
> >  1) There is no unistd.h anywhere
>
> Okay, that explains many problems.
>
> I think the best solution for this is to add unistd.h to the
> w32/include directory.  NMakefile and build_w32.bat already set up the
> compiler to look into that directory for include files.
>
> So could you please show us the MSC prototypes of all the functions,
> which, according to your report and my analysis, should come from
> unistd.h?  I will then suggest a version of unistd.h to put into
> w32/include and ask you to try that.  Okay?

MinGW runtime includes the following unistd.h.  The file is PD so feel free
to use it.

<file name="unistd.h">
/*
 * This file is part of the Mingw32 package.
 *
 * unistd.h maps (roughly) to io.h
 */

#ifndef _UNISTD_H
#define _UNISTD_H

#include <io.h>
#include <process.h>

#define __UNISTD_GETOPT__
#include <getopt.h>
#undef __UNISTD_GETOPT__

#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C" {
#endif

/* This is defined as a real library function to allow autoconf
   to verify its existence. */
int ftruncate(int, off_t);
__CRT_INLINE int ftruncate(int __fd, off_t __length)
{
  return _chsize (__fd, __length);
}

#ifdef __cplusplus